"Nutrition needs to be looked at not as means of preventing specific deficiency diseases, but as a means of contributing to the overall health of the person & his/her resistance to chronic disease"
If our bodies are human machines, food is our fuel. How well we eat, affects how well our bodies work & how long we live!
The diseases are consequences of changing lifestyle we face today.
Certain Dietary modifications and simple changes in our environment can overcome health problems & help towards leading a healthy lifestyle.
Here are some Guidelines to get started:
- Cut down on Sugar in form of Desserts, Sweet dishes, Chocolates, Jam, Honey, Ice cream, Fizzy drinks, Sherbets & Squashes, Fruit flavoured drinks, Sweetened Beverages, etc.
- Eat less Salt (no more than 1 tsp/day/person). Avoid salty preparations like chips / savoury snack / salted nuts / sauces / packaged & preserved foods / canned foods / MSG (ajinomotto)
- Use Oil in restricted quantities about 4 – 5 tsp/day/person or ½ kg/month/person. Use Oils like Groundnut, Canola, Mustard, Ricebran Oil for cooking. Can use pure Ghee / Virgin Coconut oil upto 2 tsp/day. Avoid Butter, Cream, Margarine & Fried foods.
- Use cooking methods like Baking, Steaming, Roasting, Sautéing, Pressure cooking, poaching.
- Avoid Refined & Bakery foods.
- Avoid Tobacco in any form. Avoid Alcohol.
- Restrict the intake of Red meat. Instead include Fish 3 times in a week.
- Prefer whole Fruits over juices.
- Get active: Do some Physical Activity for minimum 30 mins
P.S: Seek Medical advice before following any diet/exercise/lifestyle changes by yourself.
Talk to Registered Dietician
- Preventive Diet
- Detox Diet
- Weight Management
- Diabetes Management
- Heart Healthy Diet
- Diet for Digestive Disorders
- Liver Disorders
- Kidney Disorders
- Tube Feedings
- Bariatric Nutrition
- Paediatric Diet
- Metabolic Diseases
- Diet for Infectious Diseases
- Ketogenic Diet
- Diet for Exercise/Fitness
- Building up Immunity
- Semi Elemental Diets
- Inborn Errors of Metabolism
Thank you. We have recieved your feedback.